By Cari Cole
So we’re a few weeks into the New Year and you’re sticking to your resolutions ~ right? Maybe or maybe not so much? If you’re having trouble making changes or manifesting your goals, it may be because you haven’t hit reset on your inner game ~ the one running the show.
If you can’t seem to change your mind or make a change in life, the key will be held in the subconscious mind.
Expert coach John Burr says that “Approx. 95% of our life is directed by our subconscious mind (we do not possess the capability to direct our life from our conscious mind.)”
95% of our behavior and decisions are controlled by the subconscious mind, according to a study by Dr. Julia Mossbridge and associates.
The subconscious mind is the one that makes the decisions, and the unconscious mind is the part that, for example, that automatically runs our bodies and other processes without our needing to think about whether or not we will.
The subconscious mind can be programmed, like a computer to direct our lives thereby creating the life of our dreams.
Author Todd Wissler says: The reason most people fail to become masters of their lives is because they don’t know how the subconscious mind thinks. Since our mind power comes from our subconscious, it’s essential to know the differences between it and the conscious mind.
He gives us the 3 most important elements to successfully using your Mind Power of which most people are not aware.
- The Subconscious only thinks in the present. If in using affirmations to get something you say… “I WILL….(whatever)”, or… “I’m GOING TO (whatever)”, you’re thinking in the future which the subconscious knows nothing about. The key to making your mind work is to trick the subconscious into believing you already have what you want…NOW. State affirmations in the present, act and feel as if you NOW have what you want.
- The Subconscious does not know the difference between what is real and what is imagined. That’s what mind power, or The Law of Attraction, or hypnosis are all about. If you’re using any of those methods to attract something or change something about yourself, you’re imagining you have done so NOW. The subconscious will never disagree with you or believe you don’t have it or haven’t made the change.
- While your conscious mind is your logical, rational, analytical mind…your subconscious is your il–logical, ir-rational and non-analytical mind. It will believe ANYTHING whether it makes logical sense or not. It never questions what you tell it. So when trying to accomplish goals know in your conscious mind it takes time to attain them. But program your Subconscious into believing you have attained them NOW.
The late great author and spiritual teacher Louise Hay — said it best….
“Many of you start New Year’s resolutions on the first of the year, but because you don’t make internal changes, the resolutions fall away very quickly. Until you make the inner changes and are willing to do some mental work, nothing out there is going to change. The only thing you need to change is a thought—only a thought. Even self-hatred is only hating a thought you have about yourself.”
So if your inner game is the same old-same old, that’s what you’re going to get again this year.
So how do you change what’s inside? Especially if you’re not so aware of how? Or aware of what’s in your way?
Here’s a list of questions that will help you change your internal views and move the needle this year:
- What can you do for yourself this year in a positive way?
- What would you like to do this year that you did not do last year?
- What would you like to let go of this year that you clung to so tightly last year?
- What would you like to change in your life?
- Are you willing to do the work that will bring about those changes?”
Then set out to make those goals a reality. One of the best ways to do that is to make a plan. Spend some time thinking about how you can bring about those changes ~ for real.
Start therapy, start meditating, spend a weekend or two making a plan for these new things you want to bring into your life.
Or join a group of dedicated musicians who are also making changes this year.
Check out our Artist Success Circle Mastermind and come change YOUR NEW YEAR!